Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My First

I freakin heart Thanksgiving. And it makes me feel a little bit guilty that I heart it more than Christmas. I am way stoked for this one. But a little sad at the same time. It's my first major holiday not with the fam. It was my choice, and one I don't really regret, but I can still be a lil bit sad, right? It's going to be awesome anyway! I'm spending it with a former roommate(s?), and the new addition to the family...the kitty cat! 

I love looking back at my week and seeing all the awkward moments I have. Awkwardness pretty much is my life! But it's really not so bad...it gives a girl lots of moments to laugh. And some good stories to share. Which makes me realize how awesome my life is right now. I think I need to remember that more often. I mean, really, what do I have to NOT be thankful for? Sure, I have a few struggles, but they're really just opportunities to strengthen relationships with all the important people in my life. 

I really wish I wasn't so afraid of certain relationships, though. I have a friend that has been especially nice to me lately, and I don't really know how to take it. I just don't do well with the awkward position of friend or more? I can't help it...flattery makes me weary. But enough of that. 

Time for friends, food, and fun! Happy Thanksgiving!! 

No comments: