Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh the price of fun...

First off, I feel very remiss in my friend praising. Huge shout out to the Uni Branch...who made one Saturday complete when I got home at the right moment to meet the mailman who had a huge package with my name on it! I felt honored to be the recipient of, not one message in a bottle, but many...and to have an FHE in my honor! haha I missed my girls, and dudes...but I think mostly my girls. 

So, don't be alarmed by the story that follows. All is well. At the time it wasn't even a problem, mostly just embarrassing. I don't really know why it happened. Gma said because I didn't get enough sleep while Dad was visiting last weekend, they said dehydration. Whatever it was, it made for an exciting Monday, and a complete experience at the hospital. So I had been at work about an hour and one of the pharmacists suggested I go with one of the other pharmacists on his rounds that morning, just to see what it was like. I was stoked! So we went up to the ICU and he was doing his thing. I suddenly got very nauseous and my skin started prickling. I thought maybe I should sit down, but was worried it was inappropriate. The pharmacist turned to me to ask if I wanted to go back to the pharmacy, and next thing I knew I was on the floor with the doctor and nurse and pharmacist firing questions at me. Are you diabetic? Pregnant? Has this ever happened? Did you eat breakfast? Get a wheelchair and take her to the ER! So I spent the next 4 hours in the ER while they pumped fluids into me and determined I wasn't pregnant. Good to know. 

I'm not really sure why this is, but I was reflecting on things during my last week at work, and I realized I kind of enjoy doing the mundane jobs at work. Weird. Maybe because it brings a sense of order, or maybe my brain is tired. I was trying to decide if it was good, or should I consider it a character flaw? Should I be using my knowledge more, or is it ok to find a kind of escape in the ordinary?

Something not ordinary? My weekend at the lake. I was a little nervous for a few reasons. First, I printed the directions then left them at the house. Brilliant move. Luckily I'd been there for youth conference a few years before. Second, they gave me some meds after my little ER incident that make me sensitive to the sun...good thing I'm wired to burn with the mere thought of the sun. However, that also ended well with my body only being slightly rosier than it was when my day in the sun began. Third, how were the sleeping arrangements gonna be? Somehow, our two-bed room ended up with 10, ten, T-E-N, girls in it, and I was one of the many assigned to the floor. K and I opted to sleep in the car. After many laughs, all day on the boat with some dudes from Cruces (and other random people in the AM and PM), and tubing, I was exhausted and ready to head back to the 'Burque! When I woke up this morning I had to remind myself how fun this weekend was, and no, I did NOT get hit with a bus. 

No comments: