What a way to start a day, right? I walked out to my car, and it took me a long while to process. When I first opened the door, it looked like a tornado had blown through the car, and I was just confused. Then my heart started racing, and I was looking for the glass from the broken window. This was feeling all too familiar. I then noticed there was no glass. After which, I noticed the passenger door was unlocked. Then my eyes shifted upward, and I realized the window was down a bit. I'm not sure if anything was stolen. I think not. Luckily I had taken my iPod in a day or two before, because I wanted to update it with some sweet new jams. However, every compartment in my car had been opened, and the things inside ransacked. CDs all over the floor, sunglasses on the seat, insurance and all other papers strewn across the passenger seat, the pockets in the backs of the seats emptied.
Not that I'm complaining, but they weren't even good thieves! They made a mess of my car. They gave me tachycardia. They seemed to be pretty thorough in tossing things around. They missed the iPod sitting in the pocket of my white coat in the back seat, though! Idiots. Seriously. Although I appreciate that they didn't bust my window, I would have appreciated even more if they wouldn't have touched my car.
There are happy things in my life, too, though. I got to see one of my dearest friends Kate while she was in town. Things are always better when Kate and Pam are around, just ask Kevin. I safely made the drive to LC so I could come to my Little Man's birthday party tomorrow. 8 years old. Goodness. It seems like just yesterday... haha just kidding! But seriously... AND, I got to go with my sister for her ultrasound today! The conditions of me going were that I could not use the words fetus, freak, alien, embryo, or disgusting at all while I was there. Besides alien, I think I had used all those words the previous night, as well as calling it a parasite. Aaaanyways, guess who's going to welcome a baby nephew to the world in February? This girl! We (Krissy, Little Man, and I) are all stoked it's a boy! I'm sure we would have loved it if it was a girl. I'm just glad we don't need to test that theory. Oh, and tonight Little Man said an adorable prayer. I'm glad I have so many wonderful things to outweigh the frustrations...

No comments:
Post a Comment