This week I had a dilemma that I would never wish on anyone...what to do about a call that for me was only a pity date. I talked to lots of people about it and though I'm still pretty sure I'm not a fan of them, I did it. Maybe it was a mistake, but I have issues with hurting people's feelings! I'm still not sure how the follow-up and gentle let down is gonna go. Eeeeeee!!!!! But I did get to see my best friend from LC...we had a lunch date...where I was the third wheel. Wow, two dates in one day! Oh, and a recurring theme of Pam being the third wheel! haha
Earlier this week my bestie and I were kinda spilling our guts to each other, after a super van time. Part of my spillage was my somewhat irrational yet growing fear of relationships. I have really good examples, you see. Both parents divorced a couple times, a sister working on one, and grandparents who remain married simply for the convenience factor. That's when bestie told me I was stronger than all of them...in the gospel. And that I would have different circumstances and wouldn't settle. IDK was my reply. To which she said, it's true. You're totally Molly Mormon. With an edge. It sounds a little silly, but I really needed to hear that. Hopefully when she leaves me for the east she will find another me (who totally won't be as cool)...but whoever you are, just remember she told me she's no longer taking applications for a best friend!
Sometimes I feel a little depressed, but when I really think about it, my life is good. Perhaps not great, but definitely a step above OK. I have direction in my life, am surrounded by peeps who love me, and I sometimes even know who I am. That's probably the best part, figuring that out. Let's just remember I didn't say easiest...

No comments:
Post a Comment