Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Carbon Monoxide, anyone?

So I guess I could have died...but thank goodness I didn't! So we thought we had a gas leak...but apparently it's only cause my roommate doesn't know how to turn the stove off; and no, it's not the first time it's happened. So I get a text that says DO NOT go home. Awesome. All I want is a nap. So PNM guy comes over, red tags the place up for heaters that blow flames, water heaters that give off carbon monoxide or some such thing, and turns the only source of heat in my room off with instructions to rearrange my room before it catches on fire. Cool. Well, the rearranging thing wasn't so bad...kinda fun, actually. One of the many changes in my life, but one of the few that I'm not having trouble dealing with. Oh, another good thing was I got to spend the afternoon with Lou...and have crepes...and watch Elf (even the end)!

So this year has been kinda rough... my Gma and I were talking and kinda decided we wouldn't be especially sad to say goodbye to 2008. But lately I haven't been able to stop asking myself "Why am I so lucky?" I seriously have the best friends a girl could ask for! I love how we can laugh about anything and everything when we are together. I heart how we drink bubbly...lots and lots of bubbly. I love how we have after-parties...with hocho and cookies. I love how we freak out new branch members when we do semi-Chinese-fire-drills...then realize we shouldn't have because the follower is now the leader. I love how we pretend some of us are amazingly awesome piano players...while some of us really are. I basically just love US! I almost put I love how we make fun of people, and come up with signs...but then I remembered I'm working on that whole inner beauty thing, and being nice. It's actually quite difficult. 

Oh my, it's finally starting to feel like Christmas!!! I am stoked, like a fire. I think it was in part due to the glitter fabbing and mistletoing, the fact that it is now December (pretty much the best month...EVER), and that it snowed yesterday! I kinda wish I had a tree, though....

3 comments:

Lou said...

It is not everyday you got to watch the end of Elf!
Oh you forgot to mention that the Chinese-Fire-Drill was done after we Shanghai-ed the "replacement" member and "kidnapped" Mr. Jealous-of-the-Replacement!

Rachel said...

The bubbly does make us do weird things, doesn't it?

Follow Me...A LE MAP said...

haha Too bad we did all those things BEFORE we had the bubbly...cause that would have been legit!