Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh countdowns...

The count is down to four days! I'm pretty ecstatic. I'm just worried that I won't have time for all the people I want to have time for before I leave...we'll see how it works out. So far I think I've done fairly well. A week ago I had an amazing Saturday morning/afternoon (probably was more afternoon than morning...dang dealership!) with Mel, some waffles, and some Pauly Shore. Maybe I'll get to see the paint job before I leave? And this past Friday I got to see Leah Kate, and the little baby bump! We went to this cute little restaurant in Mesilla, about a block from my house...the waiter told us that table would forever be ours so we took that as our cue to leave. And of course I've been spending lots of time with the fam. Dinner with my mom last week, weekends at my sister's after hitting up the Little Man's t-ball games, a weekend visit from mi padre, going to the single's ward with the little bro, living with the gparents. 

The hospital is going alright. I have a feeling I probably won't miss it, but I haven't hated it. I really enjoy the people I work with, but find it a little annoying when asked to sort the mail. Really?!? I suppose I should have known I was paying 11 grand a year to learn how to sort mail. Hopefully this week I'll get to see more of the things the pharmacists actually do- I am going to be a pharmacist when I graduate, right? Plus, I'm not quite sure how I feel about hospitals. I have a feeling they kinda freak me out, though. One day I had to go visit all the floors and I realized the 2nd floor (labor and delivery/post partum recovery) is just as creepy, if not more so, than the 5th floor (psych ward/peds...whoever thought putting crazies with sick little kids was a good idea is probably wrong, just my opinion). Oh, and good thing I never got the memo that part of the hospital uniform is crocs. Well, not officially but pretty much everyone wears them. 

Oh, and good story. Well, probably not, but whatev. So I'm at work one day, counting down the hours...two more! And one of the techs showed up. He had been on vacation so was MIA my first week there.  Anyway, he introduced himself to me, "Hi, I'm George." Uh, I already knew that...cause I met you on Sunday...thanks for remembering. "Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Pam." I don't really know why I didn't say anything then. I just went along with it like I didn't know who he was. But I did tell him later and he felt really bad. Oh well. At least once I said something he actually remembered meeting me at church. I'm glad I'm not totally forgettable...

P.S. Happy June everyone!

3 comments:

Lou said...

So about the 7th time Heather Wilson introduced herself to Ana, Ana got all nasty with her! Funny story, and then they became a type of intern-besties.

Oh, and my poor calendar is not gonna be flipped all summer. I hope it wasn't a month we loved in there!

Terry and Meilea said...

PAMMIE!!!!
You definitely have to come before you leave even for just a minute!!!!
We will be out of town tuesday and wednesday but will be back thursday. (I have no idea where we are going...I just know we will be gone!!)
But i would love to see you before then!!!

Rachel said...

Now blog about fainting. You must. Call it, "Oh fainting."