But I've decided to embrace these changes. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll always like them. But I'm going to try to look forward to them. And learn to appreciate the joy I'm sure they'll add to my life. I'm sure there will be an adjustment time, though.
For instance, it's going to be odd when nearly all my friends start school again later this month, while I (hopefully) start working. A full time job. Like an adult. However, there are so many things I'm not going to miss about going back to school. Quizzes. Homework. Boring professors. Stressing over exams. Taking out more loans. Scraping by on my measly part-time income. And there are so many things to look forward to. Making my wish-list for my first pharmacist paycheck. Looking for a new apartment (with two main requirements: an awesome kitchen, and a washer and dryer- or at least hookups for them). Having a savings account again. Being able to pay the gparents back for all the many checks they've written for me these last few years (including my car, which I still love!). Being able to afford going on many more trips (Chicago, MO, and Fort Worth are at the top of the list). Starting my 'Olympics in London with Gma' fund. Let's be honest. Who wouldn't want to embrace these changes?
There are other changes that are in the works now. My sister is pregnant. I'll get to be Auntie Pam to another amazing niece/nephew (we're all hoping it's a nephew; and by we I mean my sister, Alex, and myself. Does anyone else really matter?) in 2012. Along with new baby (which my sister keeps calling he; this is a really bad habit if it turns out to be a girl), my sister might move up to Albs. Which would be awesome for the sole reason that I would get to see my Little Man basically whenever I wanted! And the baby. Which would hopefully calm the baby fever that I am currently being plagued with. The downside of these changes is they involve another person. One I'm not particularly fond of. Who is now engaged to my sister. Like I said, I'm gonna try to embrace it, but I'm not always going to be a happy camper.
I'm sure the next few months, and next couple years, will bring many more changes. My only hope is I will remember to use them as opportunities to grow. No more staying stagnant for this girl. I feel like I've done enough of that these last few years.
Oh, did I mention I had a job interview today? Fingers crossed...

No comments:
Post a Comment