Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh Gma...

Gma Birthday Weekend was a success! It was so fun to spend some quality time with her. One on one. We don't get much of that anymore, what with Gpa being retired and me trying to spend as much time with my Little Man as I can when I go down to visit LC.

I love updating her on things in my life, and hearing her insights. I love hearing her stories about the fam down in LC, even though she tends to repeat them a couple times. I love learning more about this amazing woman that I look up to so much.

Our weekend was full of food, movies, long chats, fight night as we supported my non-mute friend, naps, shopping. She surprised me a couple times. One, by agreeing to go watch an MMA fight. Two, be agreeing to go to church with me. My gparents were baptized when my mom was in young women's. I will definitely need to ask Gma more about it- her conversion, how long they were active, why they decided to quit going. I merely suggested she was welcome to come with me to Church, and she did! We only stayed for sacrament and Sunday school, but she told me as we were leaving she had taught RS for 2 years! Amazing. I had no clue. I never even knew they had been active that long. Apparently she also taught a Primary class for a year before she "resigned", as she called it.

I love this lady for all she has done for me, for my family. I love her for her compassion. I love her for her wisdom. I love her for her intelligence. I love her for her talents- she can cook, she can clean, she can sew, she can bake, she can do my taxes, she can whistle, she can paint. I love her for her pecan pies. I love her for not only morally supporting me, but also financially- my trips to the capitol, then Europe, helping get me through 6 years of college, and helping with some sweet wheels. I love her for her beautiful, piercing blue eyes. I love her for her service. I love her for the experiences and tips that she shares with me. I love her for her laugh. I love her for her hugs. And I love her for so many other reasons.

I aspire to be like her. I hope I can inspire people around me like she has inspired me. I hope I can be as solid as she is. I hope I can be as special to my family as she is to me and mine. I hope I don't disappoint her, and that I become as great a person as she thinks I am.

I hope she enjoyed her birthday weekend as much as I did...

1 comment:

Terry and Meilea said...

let me just say that I LOVED reading this post!!! How fun!