So this summer has been rather dry. I think it was just mocking my dating life...or lack thereof. I told my mama the other day that my dating drought has finally ended. For a season, at least.
So here's the story. Feel free to laugh. Kate did when I told her. Also, remember that of course this would happen. It was typical. I'm still wondering why I was surprised. This is my life...
I was hanging out with a friend from high school that was up visiting a mutual friend. We were laughing the afternoon away, catching up on news of our peeps, reminiscing. Then I got a phone call. Boy 1 was calling to see if I would like to be his date on a double on Friday. I'm not quite sure, but the first thing that went through my mind was that Soli's indoor soccer game was on Friday night. Really? I'm pretty sure Solon's games aren't gonna help me end my singleness. Unfortunately, due to said thoughts, this is how my answer came out: "Uhhhhh....yes, I'd love to!" Really smooth with the five minute long uhhhh. Please believe me when I say I am excited for Friday, though. It should be lots of fun, and Boy is very nice.
Fastforward about 4 hours. This girl decided to check her phone after remembering it was on silent. What should she see, but two missed calls! It was odd, because I'm not actually that popular (i.e. rarely do I miss calls, because rarely do I receive them. I'm not a huge phone talker), and most of my friends were with me! So I check who the calls were from, and they were both from a sister in the stake. Now, I'm not quite sure why I suddenly lost all common sense. But I did. Did I wait to see if there was a message? Nope, I just gave a little call back. And was very surprised when a man answered the phone. Why did I assume this number was the sister's cell? I'm not really sure. But I did. "Hi, did Sister so-and-s0 just call me?" Wow. Did I even think to use my name? Nope, I definitely said me. Like if this was her cell phone, this man would magically know the answer. Welp, turns out it was definitely her house phone, and said man was definitely her son. What did he want? Oh, just to ask me out for Friday. Honestly?! Like I said, this is my life. Typical. I told him I was free any other day, but couldn't Friday. Just this Friday, or every Friday? Just this Friday. He said he'd figure something else out and get back to me. So, fingers crossed! Also, hopefully next time we talk I don't sound like such a moron. I guess I need to take lessons from a friend, the self-proclaimed King of Common Sense...

3 comments:
He will. Will call tomorrow from the parade (where I get cell service) to see how things went. Good luck tonight!
woot woot!!!! =) I love this! can't wait for the follow up blog!
YAY!!!! I love that you finally posted a blog!!! I KNOW I KNOW..... pot calling the kettle black, but still!!!
Post a Comment